Business is booming.

Tick ​​warning that scares the expert

0 20

23-year-old Birhan Baş, who went to the district state hospital with complaints of nausea and fever, was transferred to Kayseri City Hospital after his intervention there. In the examination made here, Baş, who was diagnosed with CCHF due to a tick bite, was taken under treatment. Birhan Baş, whose condition worsened and was treated in intensive care for 3 days, recovered and was discharged. Describing what happened to him, Chief said, “I was in intensive care here for 3 days. Then they were taken to the normal service. It was a difficult and problematic process. A tick is not something to be taken lightly. Its treatment was also difficult. People need to be careful. Especially those who deal with animal husbandry.”

“OUR EVENTS THIS YEAR ARE WATCHING FAST”

Kayseri Kent Hospital Infectious Diseases Clinical Microbiology Specialist Dr. Ayşin Kılınç Toker said, “The situation we call CCHF, which is transmitted by ticks in the Central Anatolia Region, especially in Tokat, Yozgat and Sivas, unfortunately started to be seen in many of our citizens from May to August. This is not only transmitted by ticks, but also to our citizens dealing with animal husbandry as a result of infection with cattle and small ruminants.

– In these citizens, especially a sudden rising fever of 40 degrees, can create a picture that starts with body weakness, muscle aches and progresses to fatal bleeding. At this point, as Kayseri, we have started to accept patients from these regions since the beginning of May. Unfortunately, our events this year are a bit troublesome and fast. The risk of fatal bleeding is slightly higher. Therefore, it will be beneficial for our citizens to wear light-colored clothes that cover their bodies, and to pull their socks over their trousers, especially when they are outdoors.

– When they return to the house, they should check whether there are ticks in the areas behind the ears, under the armpits, in the groin and behind the knees. In addition, we recommend that our citizens dealing with livestock should apply to the hospital when they have a random fever, sudden muscle pain and diarrhea.

Toker also warned the citizens who noticed that the tick was sticking to his body and said, “You should definitely not touch the tick with your bare hands. If he can hold it tightly with a bag, glove, nylon or handkerchief and remove it in one attack, he can do it. However, bursting the tick, burning it and a random flammable element “At this point, it is absolutely inconvenient to spill the virus. At this point, the animal may mix the virus with more blood. If it cannot be removed in a single breakthrough, they should definitely apply to the emergency services and ask the health workers for help in this matter,” he said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.