ISTANBUL (IGFA) – The General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs of the Ministry of Interior, which started to produce domestic and national passports, has also started the process of extending the validity period of expired special (green) passports. According to this; Since the validity period of the special (green) passport has been increased from 5 to 10 years, the extension process is started for the passports that have expired or less than one year to expire, while the extension process is free of charge.
The works carried out by the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs and the General Directorate of Mint and Stamp Printing House were completed and the production of domestic and national passports started as of 25 August. In addition, urgent passport requests of citizens continue to be met until the transition process to a domestic passport is completed.
EXPIRED SPECIAL PASSPORTS CAN BE EXTENDED FOR 5 YEARS
As the validity period of the special (green) passport has been increased from 5 to 10 years as of May 05, the extension process for the validity period of the special passports, whose validity period has expired or has less than one year to expire, has started as of today.
Within the scope of the extension process of the validity period of special passports:
– With a passport issued after 01.06.2010 and not physically canceled (not punctured, etc.), one should apply personally to the provincial population and citizenship directorates.
– The special (green) passport extension process is free of charge.
– The validity period of the passport to be extended must have expired or it must be less than one year before it expires.
– The passport period of the right holders is extended for a maximum of five years, provided that they do not exceed the limitations set in the law.
– Except for the applications pending at the printing stage, a request form is requested from the employees as in the application for a special passport during the extension process, and a retirement document is requested from the retirees if they are not registered in the system.
– In applications related to the children of the right holder; An extension process is made in line with the age limit (25 years old) and other rules determined in the Passport Law.
– The consent of the legal representatives is obtained during the extension of the passport of minors.